There are currently no catalogues available. Please register to be first to know when one is available.
Believed to be the only Auction House in the country run by sisters, Beeston Auction House is a family run business led by Catherine and Shelley-Anne Wilford. Based in the rural village of Beeston, Norfolk. We specialise in Antiques, Jewellery & Collectables.
Buyers Premium is charged at 20% of the hammer price + VAT
Buyers Business Terms & Conditions
Buyers charge: 20% of the hammer price + VAT
Online buyers attract a further charge depending on online platform used
1. Registration - Bidders must register at our office prior to the commencement of the sale to receive their individual bidding number. Please signal to the Auctioneer that you are bidding by clearly raising your hand, catalogue or bidding number.
2. Commission bids - These will be accepted at the sender’s risk without obligation. We prefer to accept bids by email, post or telephone. Bids must be left with the Auction House by 5pm the day before the sale.
3. Commission bids are carried out free of charge and lots will be bought for you as cheaply as is allowed by competing bids/reserves already on our books. Where there are 2 or more commission bids of the same value the earliest received bid takes precedence. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the physical condition and description of lots before submitting such a bid.
4. Bidding - Bids are subject to the standard conditions of sale as per the Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Act 1969 which are on display in the showroom and available on request.
5. Payment - Payment must be received within 3 working days of the sale and may be made by cash (up to the value of £5,000), by debit card, by bank transfer or by credit card (up to the value of £200). Overseas buyers can pay by debit card or bank transfer. Full payment details are outlined on invoices.
6. Online buyers – Payment must be cleared within 3 working days.
7. Collection - All lots must be collected within 3 days of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made.
8. Storage Fees - For goods left on our premises - whether paid for or not - for more than 5 days after the date of the sale, Beeston Auction House reserves the right to charge £10 + VAT per lot per day in storage fees. This applies to all types of objects whether big or small. In the event of storage charges accrued becoming in excess of the total invoice, possession of the items will revert to Beeston Auction House and storage charges in excess of the invoice total will become payable.
9. Postage and packing - Postage and packing can be supplied on request if your purchased lot is a small, non-fragile item that we deem suitable to be shipped inside a padded envelope. The buyer understands that Beeston Auction House will pack items to the best of their ability, but are not professional packers and are not insured for this service. Beeston Auction House will not accept liability for any loss or damage caused to items in transit. For all other packing and shipping requirements please contact the Auction House or check the website for details of recommended packing and shipping companies.
10. Condition Reports - The condition of items is not given in our sale catalogues, although we attempt to mention major restorations and alterations. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition, authenticity and completeness of lots before bidding and so we strongly recommend your personal viewing of the item. Full liability as to the price, condition and authenticity is that of the purchaser.
11. Electrical goods - Electrical items sold by Beeston Auction House are offered for Historical interest and/or Display purposes only. There are no guarantees as to working order or serviceability in respect of such goods. Any lot with an electrical fitting must be checked by a qualified electrician before connecting to a mains supply. Beeston Auction House cannot be held responsible for any contravention of this condition.
12. Returns - The buyer must notify Beeston Auction House within 14 days of the sale of any complaint in respect of the lot. If agreed that the complaint is justified, Beeston Auction House will make a full refund. In the event of a dispute the buyer and the Auction House will make all reasonable efforts to agree compensation.
13. Reproductions - If the buyer believes the purchased lot to be a forgery, Beeston Auction House will rescind the sale and compensate the buyer provided that it is not shown to be as such in the catalogue description at the date of the sale. A forgery is an imitation or copy intended to be a reproduction of the original and made to deceive with regard to authorship, date & provenance.