A.S.H. Auctions was founded in 1994 by Mr Lee Sherratt and Mrs Glennis Hughes along with Mother and Son Mrs B. & Mr R Anchors.
Many people ask where the name A.S.H. Auctions came from, It simply derived from our surnames of Anchors, Sherratt & Hughes.
We were all very interested in Antiques & Collectables and visited many of the local Auctions, Fairs and Car Boot sales, where we purchased many items of interest. It soon came apparent that to carry on buying we would also have to start to sell some items, as our homes were coming to small for our collections. We began by selling at Fairs & Boot sales, but I was getting more interested in the Auctions.
One day, after we had visited a local Auction Sale out of the blue I said "lets start our own sale". This met with all different comments such like "how" , where", "are you mad".
The biggest problem was that Glen and myself both worked full time,so the only day we could hold the auction was a Sunday,not letting this spoil things we all decided to give it a go.
We stopped selling and began to buy even more,we had to have enough items for a least four sales.We hoped by then to attract vendors to our sales,when we had collected enough items the next task was to find a venue.
There will be minimum charge of £1.75 added to every hammer price up to £17.00 and then the buyer’s premium will be set at 10%
Items For Sale.
1. Items are invited for all our weekly general sales, items include pottery, furniture, jewellery, clocks & watches, brass & copper, glassware and general collectables and items of interest.
2. Some items are not suitable for sale by auction, either because they are not saleable or we are restricted from selling them due to laws and regulations. Please contact the auctioneers for more details
1.Selling Commission –15% of the hammer price
2.No Sale Charge------There is no charge as long as we agree with reserves
3.Buyers Premium ----There will be minimum charge of £1.75 added to every hammer price up to £20.00 and then the buyer’s premium will be set at 10%
4.Withdrawn Lots------Should vendors withdraw lots from the auction after they have been entered into the catalogue A.S.H. Auctions may at their absolute discretion charge up to 15% of the estimated auction price.
5. Payment taken immediately online through your registered debit or credit card, All items must be paid for within 3 days max of purchase. If items are not paid for then all items including ones which are paid for, will be put back into a sale and deduction will be taken for the unpaid items. Also a late payment fee and cost of storage will be taken.
Postage/Packing 1. UK charges are as follows:
Up to 2kg inclusive of VAT and Packing £15.00. Via Royal Mail 2nd Class,Signed For
2kg to 10kg inclusive of VAT and Packing £30.00. . Via Parcel Force 48.
For any other methods ie. Special Delivery.,Next Day Delivery, Recorded,Etc Please contact us.
We offer insurance at a cost of 5% of the goods value. N/B Items will not be
Covered for loss or damage without insurance.
For international Shipments please contact us for a postage cost.
Alternatively clients can make their own arrangements.
,If you Require any further information Contact us
Transport of Larger Items
1. Normally we do not transport larger items from our sale rooms. However if you require assistance with the delivery of lots purchased this can be arranged with independent contractors. Please ask the auctioneers for further details.
1. Due to a vast increase in absentee bidding we are having to do more condition reports, We have over 500 lots passing through each of our weekly sales making it very difficult and time consuming to examine ever single item. Items that we have been asked to give condition reports on are only given a visual inspection, that means in the case of say ceramics, we visually check for any obvious damage or repair. We DO NOT use any other inspection devises apart from when asked for hallmarks where we use a magnifying glass if needed. Buyers must be aware that a sale by auction is still basically a trade sale and to be sure they should really attend the sale and inspect the items themselves.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise.
Terms of Payment: Full payment by card, cash, or bank transfer is due immediately upon completion of the auction. Payment: Credit Card + 3% Charge, Debit Card + 2% Charge, Cash No Charge And Bank Transfer No Charge
PLEASE NOTE CHEQUES OF ANY DESCRIPTION OF NO LONGER ACCEPTED
NO WARRANTIES. Every item and lot in the "Auction" (as that term is defined in the attached Bidder Registration Card) is sold: (a) AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS BASIS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE", and (b) with no warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind or variety, whether expressed, written, implied or otherwise. ADDITION TO OR WITHDRAWAL FROM SALE. The Auctioneer reserves the right: (a) to withdraw from sale any item or items; (b) to sell at Auction any item or items not listed; (c) to group one or more items or lots into one or more selling lots; (d) to subdivide any lots into two or more selling lots; and (e) to sell all of items listed in bulk.