There are currently no catalogues available. Please register to be first to know when one is available.
Rosan Reeves hold auctions on the first Saturday of every month with additional auctions throughout the year.
Rosan Reeves have general auctions on site in Hellingly, East Sussex and hold auctions on the first Saturday of every month with additional auctions thoughout the year, please check this website for additional auction dates. Viewing is from 10:00am - 2:00pm on the Friday prior to auction and 8:00-10:00am on the day of sale. The sale commences at 10:00am. Auction catalogues are available to download on this web site. Rosan's act as agents to the official receiver, liquidators & various high & county courts throughout the country.
Types of items that you would expect to find:
Liquidated & bankrupt stock
General household items
Modern & antique furniture/office furniture
Online bidding requires an account, please register with a valid payment card. If you are the winning bidder, the total will automatically be debited from your card.
1. The highest bidder to be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Lot shall, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, be put up again at the last undisputed bidding and resold. The Auctioneers decision on all matters to be final. No person to advance less at each bid than the amount named by the Auctioneer. No bidding to be retracted and the Auctioneer may refuse any bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid or refuse any bidding on behalf of the owners of any Lots comprised in the sale.
2. All prospective purchasers to give in their names to pay down a deposit of £20 part payment towards any Lots purchased, and to pay the remainder of the purchase money on or before delivery by producing the correct bidding number.
3. The Auctioneers act as agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors description and neither the vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot. All statements in the catalogues as to any of such matters are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as or as implying statements or representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give any representation or warranty and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty or for any statement in the catalogue
4. All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any Lots are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the Lot.
5. The Lots may be withdrawn, re-arranged or sold in any such order as may be desirable.
6. The Lots will be at the entire risk of the purchasers after the fall of the hammer but in the event of the Lot or Lots being totally missing on the day of delivery the Auctioneers will not be responsible for any estimated value beyond the price at which they were sold. In cases where portions of Lots may be missing, such missing portions are to be allowed for at an equitable proportion of the sum, for which the whole of such Lot was sold and now more.
7. The Auctioneers act throughout as Agents only and are not responsible for any default by the buyer. They disclaim liability for paying the Vendor until they have received settlement from the purchaser.
8. Any person on the Auctioneers premises before, during or after the sale shall deem to be there at his own risk and he shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury he may sustain or any accident which may occur.
9. On failure of complying with the above Conditions, the deposit money shall be forfeited. Any Lots not cleared by the time allowed may be resold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale and shall be recoverable as liquidated damages. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same. Principals will be considered responsible for the acts of their servants and by their workmen or any other persons whosoever instructed.
10. Attendance and/or bidding at the sale shall be deemed to indicate full and irrevocable acceptance of the above conditions.
11. Minimum Bid
All Lots for sale by public auction are subject to the Conditions of Sale as displayed in the auction rooms and this catalogue. There is a minimum bid of £5 per Lot and a minimum bid for vehicles of £5 per Lot.
12. Bidding Numbers
No bid will be accepted unless the bidder shows a bidding card number at the time of bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to sell to the under bidder if no number is shown. Number cards are available before and during the auction at the porta cabin at a cost of £20 which is refundable if no Lots are purchased. Numbers may be handed in for refunds,where no purchase has been made, at any time, during or after the sale, at the reception hatch.
13. Electrical Items
No warranty or guarantee is given with any Lot regarding condition of quality. All electrical appliances are tested by us to ensure compliance with current safety standards but not for function or operation. A charge of £2 per Lot will be recovered from the Vendor for this service deduct able from the proceeds for the sale. Purchasers are welcome to test electrical equipment on viewing morning prior to the sale day.
14. Payment for Goods
The cash office will open on sale days after the auction has concluded and close one hour after. It will also open from 9.15am to 12.00 noon on Monday following the auction. Anyone not paying before 12.00 noon on Monday will forfeit their deposit and the Lots will be re-entered into the following sale.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE
Payments may be made by cash, bankers draft, cheques with guarantee card to card limit or Switch/Credit card subject to 3% handling charge. Purchasers wishing to use cheque facilities above a card limit must have prior arrangements with the Auctioneer
On completion of the vehicle sale, all purchasers must attend at the reception desk to pay at least a 25% deposit on any vehicle purchased and this must be done within 15 minutes of the completion of the vehicle sale (or have paid to a porter and received a receipt) or the vehicle will be re-offered for sale on the floor.
15. Clearing of Lots – Monday
Lots paid for may be cleared up to 12.00 noon on Mondays following the sale. Clearing which continues beyond 12.00 noon will be subject to a surcharge of £3 plus VAT per Lot. Any goods paid for but not cleared on the Monday following the auction will incur storage charges of £3 plus VAT per Lot per day or part of day or if a vehicle £10 plus VAT per day or part of day.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS – ALL GOODS NOT CLEARED WILL BE REMOVED TO SECURITY STORAGE AND IF NOT CLAIMED WITHIN 5 DAYS WILL BE SOLD FOR STORAGE CHARGES WITHOUT REFERENCE TO THE PURCHASER
No goods are to be cleared until paid for and then only by an authorised porter and checked against a paid invoice. Goods must be cleared through the main rear doors. No member of the public is permitted into:
a. The sale area when the auction is in process or
b. Into the whole auction premises once the sale has been concluded
Prosecutions will be undertaken against any one removing goods, which have not been paid for, on their own paid invoice.
17. Lots withdrawn from sale
Any Lot known to be withdrawn since the printing of the catalogue will be notified on a board displayed on viewing day.
The auction rooms are open to accept goods into auction Monday to Wednesday 10am to 4pm. Auctions take place every month. Cheques in settlement to vendors are forwarded within 14 days following the sale and receipt of payment Lots.
All Lots with the asterix symbol are to be sold subject to VAT added to the hammer price as the Vendor is registered for VAT.
Purchasers of Lots are charged 15% on the hammer prices and that is subject to VAT at the prevailing rate, with the exception of motor vehicles are charges at 10% plus VAT on the hammer price.
Sale of private vehciles by auction
All vehicles are sold without warranty or guarantee whatsoever and it is the responsibility of purchasers to ensure that the vehicle is in a condition to be lawfully used on the road before it is removed from our premises.
Reserves – Notice to all vendors
Reserves may be placed on any items entered into the auction but the following conditions will apply:
Items which fail to reach the reserve price will automatically be re-entered to the next available sale without reserve unless the vendor collects those items and pays the unsold commission fee of 5% of Reserve, within 5 days of the auction date. Storage charges will accrue at £3 per Lot per day if withdrawn after the 5th day.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTION TO THESE CONDITIONS