Cato Crane, the Auctioneers, was founded in 1985 by John Crane, although the company has its origins in the 19th century Liverpool shipbuilding firm of 'Cato Miller and Co' and 'Edwin Bathurst's Benthall and Broseley Potteries' in Shropshire. As senior partner, John Crane has over 35 years experience in valuing and selling works of art and antiques. John is also a well known television and radio personality and writes for regional, national and specialist publications. Cato Crane holds over 50 auctions annually within the Stanhope Street auction rooms. Specialist auctions are held in other locations.
Tuesday 5th September | Time: 10:30am
Cato Crane Auctioneers
Antiques, Fine Art and Collectors
VIEW AUCTION CATALOGUE >>
POSTAGE OFFERED ON CERTAIN LOTS ONLY(PLEASE CALL OFFICE 0151 709 5559 TO ENQUIRE). OTHERWISE MAILBOXES MAY BE ABLE TO HELP (CONTACT 0151 236 5500 AND email@example.com)
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arises during the sale the Auctioneer shall be the sole arbiter and his decision shall be final and binding on all concerned.
2. The Auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as his absolute discretion.
3. A buyer’s commission of 28% + VAT will be added to all bids on lots acquired unless otherwise stated.
4. All Lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price imposed by the vendor, or the right of the vendor to bid either personally or by any one person so instructed (who may be the Auctioneer).
5. Cato Crane Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw or divide any Lot or to combine any two or more lots at their sole discretion.
6. At the fall of the hammer, every lot shall be at the absolute risk of the purchaser who should give the Auctioneer his name and address if requested which shall be deemed a full and sufficient acceptance of the Lot and pay such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require, in default of which the Auctioneer may re-offer or re-sell the Lot or Lots in question.
7. After the sale the following conditions shall apply:-
(a) All purchasers shall pay for and remove their lots at their own expense and risk as soon as possible and in any event within the specified time, unless alternative arrangements have been made with the Auctioneer. Any Lots not paid for and not removed by the purchaser within the specified time may be se-sold by Cato Crane Auctioneers either by private treaty at any price, or without reserve at their Auction Rooms. A cheque for any balance of proceeds of re-sale remaining after deducting the balance of the purchase payable by the purchaser and all other costs and expenses relating to the lots will be posted at the purchasers risk to his last known address. If the proceeds or re-sale are insufficient to cover the balance of the purchase price and all other costs and expenses the purchaser shall pay the amount deficient forthwith on demand to Cato Crane Auctioneers.
(b) Any damage done to the premises or to any Lot or parts thereof by such removal by the purchaser shall be made good at the expense of the purchaser. Principals will be responsible for the acts of their servants and agents.
8. Every care has been taken in the preparation of this catalogue.
However, Cato Crane Auctioneers point out that every Lot sold with any faults and errors of description and they disclaim for themselves and for the vendor all responsibility for authenticity, condition or quality. All statements on such matters whether printed in the catalogue or made orally are statements of opinion and not representative of fact.
Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves on authenticity and condition before bidding and no one in Cato Crane Auctioneers employment has authority to make representation of fact.
9. No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the premises in which the sale is held until paid for; no Lot under any circumstances to be removed during the sale. Lots will only be delivered up to the purchaser on production of the cashier’s clearance note. A purchaser of more than one Lot shall not remove any of his Lots before he has paid in full for all of them.
10. Cheques can only be accepted from persons who have made prior arrangements and are able to produce a satisfactory Bankers reference.
Cato Crane Auctioneers reserve the right to hold back the delivery of any goods until such time as the cheque has been cleared. No Lots can be transferred from the declared purchaser to any other person.
PLEASE NOTE: We regret to say we no longer accept card payments (debit & credit cards) over the phone unless you are paying in person. We accept bank transfers & checks for non local buyers
11. Cato Crane Auctioneers may at their discretion carry out buying instructions on behalf of an intended purchaser, provided such instructions are given in writing. A commission form can be obtained from Cato Crane Auctioneers. Any instructions acted on by Cato Crane Auctioneers will be carried out free of charge, except for the buyers premium, but in no event will Cato Crane auctioneers be liable to the intended purchaser in the exercise or non exercise of such instruction.
Cato Crane Auctioneers do not hold themselves responsible for, nor are they in any way concerned with, instructions to purchased Lots given to the sales porters or any member of the staff other than the Auctioneer.
12. All Persons shall be admitted to the sale premises only at their own risk and Cato Crane Auctioneers may refuse entry and order departure.
Any person on the Auctioneers premises before, during or after the sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk and shall have no claim against Cato Crane Auctioneers in respect of any accident which may occur.
13. If by evasion neglect or by any means the purchaser should obtain delivery of his Lot or Lots without payment, then Cato Crane auctioneers may require him to pay 15% interest on the outstanding purchase money from the date of the sale until the date of full payment.
14. If any purchaser should fail to comply with the condition of sale, Cato Crane auctioneers shall be at liberty to recover in full the amount of the purchase money of the Lot or Lots bought by such purchaser, with 15% interest; or they may declare his deposit money as forfeited and re-sell the Lot or Lots and any deficiencies which may occur together with any costs of re-sale be payable by the original purchaser.
15. VAT is chargeable on buyers commission